Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Who Wants to Live a Million Years: Analysis of a Natural Selection Simulation

It took me a few tries to win a game, mostly because I didn’t know how to play it at first, but after a while I started winning about ¼ times. I picked the most different ones I could find so there could be lots of genetic diversity. One thing I saw that relates to genetic drift is that sometimes a volcano would erupt, or a meteor would hit earth. The dominant ones were obviously long legs or long necks; getting food from tall fruit plants or running away from predators. Cold conditions: fur/hair on head/body. Hot conditions: No fur or hair on any part of the body. New large predator: need long legs for running away. New tall food source: long necks. Three improvements that they could add to make this simulation more realistic: Other species interrupting with them, required constant source of water/food, and to make time pass slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment